Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Yee-Haw!

I got my non summer time riding buddy, Cathy, out on the trails last Sunday......(yes I played hooky from church)...and on my Appy mare Dixie to boot. Us over 50 gals sometimes have a spell when the heat is turned up outside, so I usually try to ride early. Unfortunately, Cathy has an aversion to getting up too early on her days off as well. Well, the stars must have been aligned just right, or she wasn't thinking straight when I called her, but she agreed to go with me and meet some of our friends on the trails in Jennings State Forest. Her horse Busta is recuperating with a bad hoof and she knew Dixie would give her a worry free, training free ride. Everyone was surprised and happy to see her out and about - you'd think she'd been missing for a year! :) We had a great 3-1/2 hour ride; just a couple of banana spiders, very few yellow flies and the cloud cover was perfect for an August morning/afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like fun. It's so neat that you have friends that will trial ride with you. I have to beg to get someone to go with me. I sold my really fun trail riding mare. I loved the relaxing ride. Now I have a three year old gelding. That just takes the fun out of trail riding. Or maybe it ads fun, just not relaxing fun?? Anyway, I am glad you two had a good Sunday ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:03 AM

    Just found your blog. Looks like fun. To trail ride with friends and family is the most fun of all.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.