Two friends of ours ,who are well known in the Jacksonville horse scene, lost 2 horses to a terrible accident this week. While on their way to a local roping, they were broadsided by a truck that ran a stop sign. I won't go into the details, but from what I've learned, it was a horrific scene that I'm sure they will never forget. The blessing was that no people were seriously injured in what could have been a fatal accident for everyone. It made me think about how I would feel if I lost my two best four legged friends.........and it reminded me that we need to live each day as if it's our last - don't wait until tomorrow. That's what Jane and Wayne do - they were on their way to team rope - something that they are passionate about and very good at.
I am very sorry for your friends' loss...
ReplyDeleteYou seem to be waxing philosophical quite often lately.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about Jane & Wayne's loss. I know you would be devastated if something like that happened to your horses. God forbid.
That is so very tragic. I am so sorry to hear about your friend's horses. I would be at a loss. I lost my beloved Bear dog last week and life just hasn't been the same. I feel bad that I didn't scratch his ears or rub his tummy like I normally do. Never take a day for granted.
ReplyDelete