Sunday, November 09, 2008

Family Time

No camping, no group rides...... I had a nice quiet weekend with family. I got robbed of my normal Friday off because we had to count inventory at work, but I'll still get a long weekend because I had already asked for Monday as a vacation day.

On Saturday I took Mom to a second cousin's baby shower - I never look forward to these things but usually have a good time catching up with extended family. Saturday evening my husband, Bobby, and I went to see FIREPROOF and then to our favorite sushi restaurant. We both boohoo'd throughout the movie .... it has a good story and a strong Christian message. It should be required watching for any engaged couple . It has a lot of laughs as well. Off my soapbox now.
Sunday was church time with family and instead of a regular preaching service, we heard from several WW2 veterans telling their stories of battles and Christian faith. These services are always so touching....we got to sing tributes to America and recognize our veterans and current military personnel. Of course, I can't go a whole weekend without riding my ponies, so I rode both Dixie and Stylin for about 1/2 hour each in the back yard.



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend and nice to have Monday off. I always get all teary eyed when I hear about the Veterans experiances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice post about time spent with family...and horses, too

    Wow! You've been commenting on my blogs, and I'm just now stopping by to check out your blog...

    Where have I been!!
    Oh my goodness. I see horses! I see trail rides! I see happy faces.

    Ok! Count me in! lol!

    No. Really I can't wait to get caught up on your blog and start following. I can just tell I'm going to be enjoying myself.

    Whoohooo! :)

    ~Lisa
    New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea - I just received my prize of Burt's Bees hand care - THANKS !

    Lisa - thanks for stopping by - I've been visiting your blog for a while. I even got my background idea from yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. I'm honored!

    Well, it's time....

    KD, I've Fallen for you :)

    Come gather your award.


    ~Lisa
    New Mexico

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.