Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sundry & Such

Since my camera is on the blink, I've had to rely on family and friends to help me get some pictures this weekend. First, the update on my peepers..... we were able to integrate the two rescued chickies back into their little flock the very next day. That made a total of 10 little cuties. Their momma has done an excellent job keeping them warm at night and has been venturing out with them for short spells during the day. Today, with my sister's camera, I was able to get a couple of pics of them following mom around, learning to scratch for hidden treasures. Mom is a Golden Laced Wyandotte and dad is a Rhode Island Red and we wound up with 6 yellow chicks and 4 dark colored ones.






Now for an update picture of our little cat who has been renamed Sammy, short for Sammy the Bull Gravano, since he's such a "wise guy". He is a nut ! He has turned out house upside down, literally, but in a good way. Like most kittens, he plays hard and sleeps harder....the dogs love him and so do we.


On Saturday, my buddy Cathy picked up Dixie and me and we joined the Happy Trails Horse Club members for a ride at the Black Creek Ravines Preserve. It was an almost perfect day for a ride - cool, sunny and no insects of any kind! THE END. :)


4 comments:

  1. Hooray for the chicks!! I am glad they made it back to their momma alright. They are so cute!!

    And I love this time of year in the south, no bugs!! It makes for wonderful trail riding!! You guys have some really nice trails around there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Sammy has turned the out house upside down!? I didn't even know you had one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, those chicks and their mama are so precious.I've always wanted to watch a hen raise her own brood. I hope that happens with some of my hens next Spring :)

    Sammy is one handsome kitty. He looks velvety soft.
    Lucky you going for a ride with friends again, too. Florida seems to have a plthora of horse trails. Great shot of that spotted butt! :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hope it's filled with good food, wonderful friends and family, and many happy memories to be made :)

    ~Lisa
    New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I meant our house - I was too lazy to go back and correct. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.