Saturday, we joined a group of friends at Sal Taylor Creek Preserve for a leisurely 2-1/2 hour ride. The bugs were almost non existant - hmmmm. Of course the trails were high and dry - makes a big difference. Michelle is helping work Cathy's horse Busta through a couple of issues - like diving for snacks along the trail, darting off the trail when cantering, going down in the water.....so we took a lot of pics of Busta being worked....(or should I say of Michelle being worked:) I put it to music ( I always sing this song to Busta) BUSTA CLIP . Cathy rode my other horse Dixie and had fun watching her horse being ridden. Here's some more pics that were taken during the ride..... PHOTOS BTW- as you may notice in the pics - we rode with a bit on Saturday even though it wasn't really necessary - no races going on... :)
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Weekend Warriors
Stylin and I got out on the trails Friday and Saturday this weekend! On Friday we joined Marilyn on her mule Clyde at Bayard Conservation for a trail blazin', mud boggin', mosquito and yellow fly slappin' good time. She was ponying her Arab mare, Spirit to get her legged up at the same time. We really did have a fun 4 hour ride. I did discover that riding with a halter only can be VERY challenging when there are horses cantering way ahead of you and your pony wants to join them. :-) I said trot, she said canter, I said trot, she said canter..... of course it was much smoother when we were cantering at the front. Then when we were sloshing down one watery trail, Style thought it was a good idea to drop and cool off....I caught her while she was still sitting and got her to get back up before she rolled. We were too busy to take pictures....:-)
Saturday, we joined a group of friends at Sal Taylor Creek Preserve for a leisurely 2-1/2 hour ride. The bugs were almost non existant - hmmmm. Of course the trails were high and dry - makes a big difference. Michelle is helping work Cathy's horse Busta through a couple of issues - like diving for snacks along the trail, darting off the trail when cantering, going down in the water.....so we took a lot of pics of Busta being worked....(or should I say of Michelle being worked:) I put it to music ( I always sing this song to Busta) BUSTA CLIP . Cathy rode my other horse Dixie and had fun watching her horse being ridden. Here's some more pics that were taken during the ride..... PHOTOS BTW- as you may notice in the pics - we rode with a bit on Saturday even though it wasn't really necessary - no races going on... :)
Saturday, we joined a group of friends at Sal Taylor Creek Preserve for a leisurely 2-1/2 hour ride. The bugs were almost non existant - hmmmm. Of course the trails were high and dry - makes a big difference. Michelle is helping work Cathy's horse Busta through a couple of issues - like diving for snacks along the trail, darting off the trail when cantering, going down in the water.....so we took a lot of pics of Busta being worked....(or should I say of Michelle being worked:) I put it to music ( I always sing this song to Busta) BUSTA CLIP . Cathy rode my other horse Dixie and had fun watching her horse being ridden. Here's some more pics that were taken during the ride..... PHOTOS BTW- as you may notice in the pics - we rode with a bit on Saturday even though it wasn't really necessary - no races going on... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That looked like a lot of fun!! Busta is a nice horse. His video was fabulous!! Loved the music. I wish we had good trails like that around me, with all those trees and water!!
ReplyDeleteOk. That's it. I am totally loving your blog! I need to grab some more tea, though, and sit back and really get into your pictures when I have some more time. What fun you have riding. I always dreamed of trails when imaging me finally owning my own horse.
ReplyDeleteI've only had Baby Doll for 10 months but we've come along way together. I can't wait to to some of the things that you do with your horses Dixie and Stylin.
And how awesome to have such good friends to ride with, too.
I hope you'll post more someday of how you met these folks and how you got involved in these riding groups, horse ownership, etc, etc.
I can't wait!
Oh, and is that right that you only ride in a halter?
Excellent! My horse goes in a Dr. Cook's Bitless Bridle. She used to go in a Hackamore, too. But she's very sensitive and easy to control in a Bitless. Why go to extremes if it's not necessary right? :)
See ya again soon,
~Lisa
New Mexico