With a nice 4 day weekend ahead for me, ( I don't have to work on Fridays) I spent Friday hanging out with my Mom some. On Saturday I decided to get some yellow sand and build up Stylin's stall. I didn't want the next storm to flood her stall again. So, I go to the local rock and sand place and have them dump a yard of good sand in the back of my Ford F250. I drive home and into the horse pen, which is still a little wet and slick from Tropical Storm Fay, and back up to Stylin's stall so I can shovel the sand directly from the truck into the stall. Of course, we're a little heavy with the wet sand in the truck and we sink a little into the mud. Oh well....I go ahead and unload what I can, pull up with a little difficulty and try to reposition the truck and then get REALLY stuck. Dang it! I have to leave it right there for two days until the mud finishes drying up. Oops !
After that, Bobby and I got dolled up a little and headed out to a wedding for one of my riding buddy's daughter. It was a beautiful service and the bride and groom served Holy Communion as their first act as man and wife....how cool ! Bobby commented that he had never seen our friend Marilyn in anything other and denim and leather before. :) Then we slipped out during the reception and went over to my former in-laws house for a Labor Day get together. My former sisters-in-law still treat me like family and I love them for it. They treat Bobby like one of the family as well.
Sunday morning brings church service and then a trip to Newberry to visit Bobby's mom and sister. I always love the drive down, especially when we take the back roads.
I got up early Monday morning to start cooking a meal to take to another good friend whose father passed away. Very sad, but it felt good to be able to help in a little way. Bobby and I worked together to put together a down home, southern meal. Ham, black eye peas, rice, sliced tomatoes, some diced onions, deviled eggs and Jiffy cornbread. (I'm not good at making old-fashioned cornbread.) Then, late afternoon, I joined my daughter Jenny to ride at Ms. Jane's arena to work our ponies some. After we worked them for a while, we all traded horses. I rode Jen's horse for a little while and then decided to trade off with another girl named Lori. Of course I was too lazy to adjust her stirrups and rode her horse without any. BIG mistake ! We walked, trotted and then decided to canter...... to the left was uncomfortable, but OK....then when I cantered her to the right, she cut a little quicker than I expected, I got off balance, she broke to a big trot, I insisted on a continuation of our right lead canter and she said NO...humped and bucked and off I went. :) Did a very ungraceful tuck and semi roll; my butt hit pretty hard and I even peed a little. Owwww! Got up, brushed myself off, and decided to get back on my own horse with my own saddle. A little toddy and 2 Aleves and I felt much better.
OH yeah, we also dog sat for my sister, so with her 2 , we had 4 dogs in the house Sunday and Monday. They were very well behaved and I even got to practice my best Cesar Milan imitation. (In my favorite man boxers that my sister says she's going to burn one day) :-) FYI - all 4 dogs are rescues or adopted from local shelters.
Keep the Hurricane Gustav victims in your prayers this week.
Wow! Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I can't believe you took the dogs for a walk... down the road with your man boxers on!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what you did to my two pups but they were dead tired when we got them home and they both passed out cold like they hadn't slept in days.
Thank you for taking care of them for us. It allowed us to go have a great time at the river. We haven't uploaded all the photos, but you can see the manatee ones here.
Love ya!
Robb
Wow! Busy weekend!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you have "the power of the pack" as Cesar Milan would say! When I dog sit I like walking the dogs that way too, it just seems like more fun!
Sorry to hear that you took a spill, those are never fun, but I am glad you are ok!
Those look like pretty handsome escorts you have there! I'll bet never a dull moment either!
ReplyDelete