Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Update

I need to put the fresh batteries I bought into my camera and take some new pictures. I had a great, busy weekend. I took Sarah to the Community Hospice on Ramona Blvd on Friday and we visited the patients there. We haven't been to the Hospice in about 4 months since I had to back off some - had too much on my plate. Sarah loves visiting and is very gentle with the patients. Saturday was spent in a training class for Emmaus - I'll be working a weekend with them in July and am looking forward to it. Saturday was also my nephew JT's 10th birthday and he wanted "breakfast for dinner" at Aunt KD's house. There was bacon, sausage, eggs, grits and waffles for everyone. Sunday was spent first at church, then meeting the farrier back at the house, then a trip to Wal-Mart with Mom. (I just sat in the McDonald's reading my book while she shopped.) The book is a great one - especially for us horse crazy old broads. It's called "Chosen by a Horse" by Susan Richards. It's a memoir and I recommend it; it's got all the horse talk we need along with a lovely story of a 40 something woman facing her past.

1 comment:

  1. I read "Chosen By a Horse" and absolutely LOVED it! Brought tears to my eyes sometimes, but its a really nice book that I keep coming back to.

    I even picked up a couple of books that Amazon recommended for me, they are written by Kim Meeder. One is called "Hope Rising: Stories from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams" and the other is
    "Bridge Called Hope: Stories of Triumph from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams."

    Very good reads IMO.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.