Sunday, June 08, 2008
Solo Ride
YAY!! I loaded Stylin up on Saturday and we went to Sal Taylor Creek Preserve by ourselves! I had a good talk with myself and realized there is no reason to be afraid to ride alone. I know the trails, I had a phone and best of all I had Stylin. We wound up having a great 2 hour ride exploring some offshoot trails that were mostly in the shade. I had to laugh at myself when we came up on 4 different deer - I'm usually chatting with my riding buddies and miss a lot of the wildlife. :) I had her booted up so there would be no problem if we came across any slag that the State seems fond of putting on the trails, I had my helmet on and Stylin was happy in her homemade bosal. We trotted and cantered quiet a bit and even had a deer running parallel to us about 30 feet away in the woods. Seeing her bounding along with that white flag in the air made me smile. With the hot weather here to stay, I may be doing some more early Saturday morning solo rides since a couple of my riding buddies don't ride during the hot summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.