There were obstacles along the 7 mile trail; Billy Goats Gruff had some live goats and a wooden bridge obstacle. The Three Little Pigs had hay, sticks, painted piggies and a wolf trying to blow the brick house down. The Mad Hatter served us tea on horseback. Five Little Monkeys had a mattress for our horses to jump on. I think there were 10 different obstacles - we had a blast!
Our buddy Cathy brought Busta but wasn't able to ride him this weekend - she has to have corrective surgery on some discs due to a couple of hard landings. She kept the party going during the evening for us but we missed having her along on our rides.
Busta has the place to himself.
The next day, we rode along the Florida Cross Florida Barge Canal down to the Rodman Dam before packing up and heading home.

It is so funny that we picked several of the same pics. =)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun group of riders you have in your area. All the clubs in my area spend more time in meetings and restaurants than they actually spend riding, which is why I don't join.
ReplyDeleteNuz - that's why I don't actually belong to any club anymore - I just take advantage of the events others put on. That way I can have fun, add a few $$ to their coffer, but not have the drama.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blast...and so creative, too. I'm glad you had such a great time. Poor Cathy. Naughty Busta. He looks like he wants to get out and join everyone, too.
ReplyDeleteMaybe our horse rescue group can host the Fall ACTHA event and do a CTR with the Nursery Rhymes concept, too. What a clever idea.
~Lisa
Looks like so much fun! I would love to be able to do a ride like that!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a really fun ride.
ReplyDeleteHey KD,
ReplyDeleteMy friend Colleen who plans the ACTHA rides would love it if you could share some/all of the Nursery Rhyme themes and how they pertained to each challenge (like the drinking of the tea, etc)
She would love to have a similar ride this summer. yay!
But it looks like we'd have to get working on props soon. :)
~Lisa