Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jonesing to Ride

I am sure missing my ride fix..... but all for good reasons.

My sister Shelly and her son Bo came down from Springfield, Tennessee for spring break and visited for a week, so I didn't get a ride in last weekend. I did get some good quality family time in though and family DOES come first. Shelly took Mom back home with her yesterday and Robbin and I will go pick her up on Mother's Day weekend.

Bus driver Bobby

This weekend, Bobby and I visited the Florida United Methodist Children's Home in Enterprise, FL. Bobby drove one of the church buses and I came along. They have a wonderful ministry there for children who have had abandonment, abuse, or other issues and a beautiful campus.

Beautiful stained glass in chapel

The children sang for us and showed us their cottages.

Each cottage of 6 to 8 children has house parents who try to make the group living as close to a home environment as possible. I came back very blessed and knowing that our dollars are sponsoring a very worthy cause.

Boxed picnic lunch under the largest tent ever!

We didn't have to decide where to eat after lunch today after church since Robbin bought us tickets to the church spaghetti dinner.

No spaghetti sauce on my shirt :-)

I was hoping to get a short ride in today after church, but the weather didn't cooperate. Since it's going to rain all day, I've donned my jammies and am going to pull out my new director's cut of Aliens and enjoy. I got the Alien quadrilogy for Christmas and just watched the director's cut of the first one, Alien, last night.


Next weekend is Bobby's and my 6 anniversary so we'll head down to St. Augustine and stay in a B&B Saturday night. Should be relaxing and a nice reminder of our honeymoon. Maybe Stylin and I can get out for a ride next Friday. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Which B&B are you going to? Can Tim and I take care of the animals for you while your gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, but we'll only be gone one night. I haven't made the reservations yet - which place do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture of the two of you eating spagettie. The movie "Lady and The Tramp" came to mind. hehe!

    My oh my! You've been busy. Great to have some good family visiting. Does anyone in your family enjoy riding as much as you?

    How exciting to be able to stay in a B & B together for your anniversary. Happy Anniversary!

    My hubby and I will be married 20 years in May. Time flies!
    Lucky you to have someone willing to offer to take care of your animals while your away, too.
    That's the only thing that holds back my hubby and I from getting away anywhere.

    I hope you'll be able to find some time to ride next Friday, too. We still have a few inches of snow on the ground here. bleh!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sure missed you this weekend. We thought of you often. Totally understand family first though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.