Sunday, December 06, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things....

I love these synthetic felt pad liners... I use the 1" thick ones as a regular pad. You can get them from Smith Brothers and they are inexpensive.

I have found the Simple Boot by Cavallo to be very easy to use and reliable on the trail.

When I decided to switch to a hornless saddle I found a used Sharon Saare endurance that fits both Stylin and me. We love it!
I can ride Stylin in a halter, snaffle, bosal, etc, but her favorite bit is this medium port sweet iron short shanked curb by Reinsman. She carries it very calmly and quietly.




My Natural Hoof Care Practioner and I both like Pete Ramey's philosophy on barefoot trimming. I have recently begun trimming my own horses and am getting more confident daily.
This foot cream is for humans and it works! Recommended to me by a friend and it's made a big difference for me. You can find it at Walmart.

I like using lightweight but strong rope halters. I get mine made out of the same material as the big trainers at a fraction of the cost at Handcrafted Jewels.

This small and sturdy "Newer Spreader" works perfectly for our small property. I pull it behind our lawn mower.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh that Newer Spreader sounds cool!! I lokoed at their site!! I think I need that 100 modle!! We are wanting a spreder but they are so expensive and that one is reasonalbe and it looks like my 8 year old can clean stalls, and spread the manuer! So cool!! thanks for sharing your favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that saddle and the halters. And I must must must search for that heel cream at our Walmart. My feet are a dry, cracked mess in the winter. Thanks for the tips.
    And I'd love to get those hoofboots for my horse one day.....or another horse one day. lol!


    So, what's on your Christmas wish list?


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely saddle! I want one. That's a nice easy bit. I can see why she likes it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.