Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cecil Field Trails

Cathy and I showed up at the Equestrian Center this morning to try the trails across Normandy on the Cecil Field side. When we got there, all of the parking and fields were almost full with horse trailers of every shape and size. We didn't realize that there was a big barrel racing shindig going on. We found us a spot way in the back of the day parking area and unloaded the ponies. I brought Dixie today for a nice quiet ride and to keep her in shape. After Cathy longed Busta for 10 minutes, we mounted up and moseyed through the trailers, admiring the rigs and the ponies, and headed across Normandy. We saw Andrea of 7BarL's trailer, but didn't see her or her horse.

We followed the paved bicycle path in Cecil just a short way then turned in at Newnan Lake. There was a pavilion that you can reserve with a BIG fireplace and a kids play area. After looping around that little lake we headed on down the bike path to the big lake that we can see when we ride the back fence at Sal Taylor. There was a big field and a dirt hill to play on and then a wonderful grass covered path around the lake that was perfect to canter on. We had a lot of fun just playing around in that area. We had only planned on riding a couple of hours, so we didn't go very far on Perimeter Road after the bike path stopped. We headed back and walked around the whole horse show area before loading up and heading back to the house to watch the big game.What a beautiful day and a relaxing ride! Hope everyone else had a wonderful day. Here are some more pics that I took with my cell phone. PHOTOS

4 comments:

  1. I just love your rides!! I wish we didn't have so much rain and we could get out and ride! I have to live vicariously through all of you on your trail rides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day spent with horses and a good friend. :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I bought the John Lyon's book "Bringing up Baby" a couple months ago! Thank you so much for offering to send it to me though!! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so going to be you when I grow up!! Trail rides with friends! And fun ones at that! You always have some really fun place to go and ride! I love reading about them and I will be just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.