Saturday, December 12, 2009

Moses Creek Ride

Cathy took a personal day from work and we went riding at Moses Creek Conservation Area. I haven't been out there in a couple of years and thought it was time to check it out again. Other than some rocks that the management folks put down in some wet areas and along the first part of the trail, we had no problems. Busta was tenderfooted from just having his pads removed that Cathy had put on him when we went to the Georgia mountains.

We took the shorter trails since we got a late start and rode for about 3 hours. It was breezy and cool - just right for a nice trail ride.

I was able to use Stylin's cool Renegade Hoof Boots after talking at length with Kirt Landers, the creator of the boots. I was having some fitting problems so Kirt had me send him some photos of Stylin's feet then talked me through some trimming adjustments. I trimmed her up Friday morning and the boots fit much better and hung with us through our ride. I really like the way that they don't alter her stride nor come up over her coronet band. Thanks Kirt!

3 comments:

  1. Such futuristic looking boots. I bet they look cool on Stylin. I'm glad you enjoyed your ride. What a beautiful, mysterious looking forest.


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interestesting looking boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful that Kit talked to you about the fitting of those boots! They do look pretty neat! I am glad they work out and that they don't alter her stride at all! I am loving the fun color too!! I will have to remember these for when I go trail riding!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.