Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tennessee Road Trip

Me, Robbin, Mom and Shelly

My sister Robbin and I picked up Mom and headed to Springfield, TN to visit our other sister Shelly for her birthday and to spend Mother's Day together as a family. Now - I won't lie and say that the 11 hour journey was all kittens and butterflies, but it wasn't bad. We went in Robbin's new HHR and stopped about every 2 or 3 hours to stretch and let Mom get the stiffness out.Melinda and Bo

While we were there, we got to catch up with all of Shelly's kids and meet Shelly's boyfriend, Steve. Mom took us all out to dinner at Longhorn's on Shelly's birthday - Saturday - to celebrate all of us girls' birthdays. (We're all May babies) We had a really nice time and I know Mom enjoyed having us all together. Then on Mother's Day, we all went to church together, then Shelly cooked us a full turkey dinner - YUMMM-MEEEE !
Shelly and Vance

Shelly and Allison

We left Mom there to stay with Shelly for a couple of weeks until school lets out for the summer. Then Shelly is bringing her back home to Jacksonville.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! I always love to go visit family. I wish my family would drive down here more often.

    Their greyhound is beautiful!! Sounded like a fun trip! Glad you made it back safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys amaze me. You all look so much alike. There is no denying your family.

    Glad you had a nice visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.