Monday, May 04, 2009

May Days

My daughter and I took our dogs to Goldhead State Park for a 3 mile hike. Don't laugh, 3 miles of hills and roots and some deep sand was pretty tough on this ole girl. The trails were very pretty and there were some creek crossings where the dogs could get some water. At one point we saw a little fawn that couldn't have been a week old, walking around and bleating for its mom. That was strange because normally fawns would be lying still, hiding. Even more weird was the little thing saw us and starting walking to us. The dogs scared it and it ran off. Jenny made sure to stop by the ranger's office so they could see if maybe it was abandoned.

After our walk, Jenny and I parted ways and I went on to the Clay County Fairgrounds to see Dennis Reis and his No Dust tour. I've always liked him on RFD TV, but I have to say, I was very disappointed in his "live" demonstrations. He was filming 30 minute segments for his show, then he would talk to the audience afterwards. He had just completed the first TV segment and his question and answer session, when he whips out his DVD package and proceeds to start selling his $1,000 system before we've really seen anything of what he could do. I thought that was a little premature and a backwards kind of selling techinique. But....maybe he was worried that people (like myself) would get a little bored and leave early. I still think he can do great things, but his style and the way he talked to his team turned me off.
Just for fun, I thought you might like to see my crazy cat that thinks he's a dog. He goes out with the dogs in the morning and sometimes he goes in the kennel with them. I had a VERY busy weekend - didn't get any riding in, but along with my Saturday walk and horse watching seminar, we spent some quality time with Mom and our church friends. Here are the rest of the pictures taken over this weekend. PHOTOS



4 comments:

  1. Hey, we have one of those cats. She goes in and out like she owns the dang place. Our other two are pests and won't follow any of the rules I lay down for them. They ignore me worse than my kids at school.

    BTW, I agree with you on the Dennis Reis thing 100%! His selling techniques were totally ass backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis Reis came to Albuquerque a couple months ago, too. My friend felt very simlar as you did. Weird the way he does things....

    I'm glad you had a great time hiking. Using different muscles instead of the ones for riding, eh?

    My daugther's cat acts like a dog, too. Not because she hangs out with dogs, but because she plays like a dog and has behavior similar to a dog. She's also a kleptomaniac and steals toys, rugs, socks, towels and carries them upstairs and hides them under my bed. If we're missing something, we know where to look now. lol!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat is hilarious!! Too cute!!

    My father in law is in LOVE with Dennis Reis. That is all I ever hear about. How he does this and how he does that and blah blah blah. I am not impressed. But my father in law loves him. But my father in law also has no idea what leads are.

    I am not easily sold on things like that. I do have to say, that my father in law and his wife are members and get all his dvds and such.

    I know how to do all that stuff and i would give them lessons for free. Maybe if I grew a mustache and tried to sell over priced DVDs people would listen to me? :)

    Just a bit bitter, :) I'll stop now. I hope you get to get in some riding time tomorrow!!

    And I would have gotten tired walking up and down hills for 3 miles!! But it would be fun!! I miss going out on trails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting about the No Dust tour. I always kind of wonder about these guys in person. I am hoping to see Clinton Anderson soon....we'll see. I saw Parelli and loved it, it was a bit overwhelming and they sure know how to "hook you in" but I'm pretty even keeled about that kind of thing. I did walk away buying a package, though.....so maybe not! ;)
    Love the pic of the kitty...Siamese and Himalayans are my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.