Our group of horsey friends got together again at the Woodard's farm to have another Obstacle Fun Day.
Traci and Mike really went all out this time to make the obstacles challenging (and colorful) without totally tearing up their pasture.
After playing with our horses and sweating our butts off, we took a break and ate the food that we all brought, then went back out for a little more saddle time. I had "cruised" Stylin at a canter in Traci's new pen/arena, then walked her around all the obstacles. I had to dismount to work her through several of the obstacles but we never made it through the water hazard with the floaties in it. I did finally get her close enought to sniff it. Afterwards - I took her back through everything mounted.
I'm so glad that I have these friends who have fun together along with helping and encouraging each other. We did have one mishap - Marilyn's Arab, Spirit, got a little too spirited and dumped her. She wound up with a dislocated elbow and our horses got a little more desensitized to a fire truck and rescue.
Here are the rest of the pictures - lots and lots............ PHOTOS
It was a wonderful way to spend the day - food, friends, and fun! Mike an Traci are the BOMB for welcoming us and putting it all together!
ReplyDeleteOh no, that's gotta hurt. I hope she recovers soon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day!! Those obstacles look like fun! I am not sure any of my horses would walk through that noodle one!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I hope Marilyn's arm is feeling better. That had got to hurt.
Sounds like such a great time (well except for the injury that is. Poor thing! Ouch!)
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky to have so many wonderful horse friends living so close to you.
~Lisa