Saturday, July 05, 2008

Independence Day Weekend




Bobby and I spent some quality time in the back yard on Friday....whew....it was hot! Bobby cleaned off the big garage roof while I did poop patrol in the horse pen then helped rake up the leaves that came off the roof. We set our patio tables and chairs out by the road and they were gone within 30 minutes then we also got rid of an old broken concrete statue and bird bath. We got ourselves cleaned up and presentable and joined some of our church friends for a good, old fashioned 4th of July cookout over in Mandarin. It was a lot of fun to hang out with our friends in a different setting and get to know everyone better. We came on home just before dark to tend to another friend's critters and our own before it got dark. The horses got a little "skeered" when the fireworks began, but nothing was too close and they calmed right down.

This morning I picked up Shelly and Ranger (my old Ringer) and met some other friends at Cary State Forest. (That's him as a baby in my blog header.) He is a strapping 3 year old now and seems to be growing some more. It was their first time off the farm since Shelly bought him earlier in the year. He did really well for her; slogged thru some muddy trails and even crossed a steel grate bridge.

During the ride, while I was running my mouth, Michelle S tells me, "Your bridle came off"....I look down and sure 'nuff Stylin's bosal had slipped off her head and she had then stepped through it and was continuing to walk on. I pulled up on the reins which were now useless and told her to whoa, which she did. Boy, it sure pays to teach your pony that whoa means whoa. I got down, rebridled her and off we went. I love my girl ! Here's a link to more photos of our ride today. PHOTOS





5 comments:

  1. You didn't even mention the wonderful time we had at the cookout with church friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS ! I meant too...I now have corrected that !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trail ride!! Looks like a beatiful day!! What a good horse to cross that bridge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a ton of fun!!

    Makes me jealous... I haven't been out on the trails in MONTHS! Then again... in Maryland when its humid I feel terrible about taking Buttercup out for a ride... we usually just take a walk to the river so she can splash around :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a paint that looks somewhat like Ranger. Her name is Little Horse. Not too original, but I couldn't come up with anything better. Check her out on our blog: www.rolo2point0.blogspot.com I envy your greenery, but not your humidity!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.