We've been tackling the yard beginning last weekend. Cutting down little oaks that had started getting out of control, cutting poke weed and stinging nettle off the fence line, pulling vines from the feed shed and generally cleaning up our place. We created a burn pit around a large pine stump that we burned and got rid of all the yard waste from our clean up efforts.
Hubby feeds the fire
Down to the last larger pieces
I had a load of sand delivered on Friday to fill in some low spots in the horses' dry lot. So.....today I started tackling the job of putting sand in the stalls and under their shed. Boy I sure could have used a Bobcat or a friend with a front end loader. I'll get it done one wheelbarrow at a time - just have to get it done before Tuesday when some rain is due. I sure don't want to try to move wet sand. The official hurricane season started today so I'm trying keep from having Lake Zambito in my horse pen this year.
From the pile
Starting under the shed and stall
Stylin stomps thru the finished area
I stopped after a couple of hours - didn't want to overdo it and throw out my back. It always feels good when I work hard and can seem some results. I'll do some more tomorrow.
Had to grab some hay string to make a stampede string for my yard hat
Moving sand is sweaty, hot work.
So after a productive day and a cool shower, hubby and I relaxed on the front porch and enjoyed the afternoon breeze. Won't be long before it'll be too hot to sit outside except in the evening.







I'm going to start doing the same stuff around our little place when school lets out in a couple days. It's sad how fast things pile up.
ReplyDeleteFYI... Erik can get a small bobcat/tractor with enough notice. Let us know next time. You know he is cheap labor (food/beer). :)