Decided to clip Sarah after my ride today. She's prettier with her fur coat, but it's hard to keep swept up in the house. She has the thickest undercoat I've ever seen....looked like I had sheared a sheep.
Get out of my head! Erik and I were talking about shaving the critters last night. I told him that I needed to get with you to see what type of clippers you use. I have to make a purchase. My cheap ones make the job twice as difficult.
Shaving and shearing.....oOnly in Florida this time of year! I sheared my angora goat in early November because I didin't get around to shearing her last summer, and it was getting really warm and her back end was all matted with urine and poo. I felt bad for her by Decemeber, though, because the weather got down to single digits and she was shivering. It's amazing how fast her coat growth picked up the last two months. She's a wooly beast again.
Good thing, too. We're expecting a huge winter storm the next few days with temps down to below zero and over a foot of snow!
~Lisa
ps I think I wrote to you on FB with the name you told me to, but I'm not sure. Did you get anything?
I have a dog that drops hair all over the house too. Makes me nuts but it's too cold here to do anything about it. Besides a shaved husky would look really weird. LOL
Get out of my head! Erik and I were talking about shaving the critters last night. I told him that I needed to get with you to see what type of clippers you use. I have to make a purchase. My cheap ones make the job twice as difficult.
ReplyDeleteSarah looks like velvet in that second photo.
ReplyDeleteShaving and shearing.....oOnly in Florida this time of year!
I sheared my angora goat in early November because I didin't get around to shearing her last summer, and it was getting really warm and her back end was all matted with urine and poo.
I felt bad for her by Decemeber, though, because the weather got down to single digits and she was shivering. It's amazing how fast her coat growth picked up the last two months. She's a wooly beast again.
Good thing, too. We're expecting a huge winter storm the next few days with temps down to below zero and over a foot of snow!
~Lisa
ps I think I wrote to you on FB with the name you told me to, but I'm not sure. Did you get anything?
I have a dog that drops hair all over the house too. Makes me nuts but it's too cold here to do anything about it. Besides a shaved husky would look really weird. LOL
ReplyDelete