Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mean People

I enjoyed another great 4+ hour conditioning ride on Maybe this past Friday, but returned to the parking lot to find my passenger window smashed and my purse stolen. Same thing happened to my riding partner's truck as well, but she had taken her wallet with her on our ride. What a way to end a ride.....we didn't let it ruin our day though. The mean people that got my purse went right to Walmart and got about $500 worth of merchandise and gas before I could cancel my check card. Still working through the red tape to get my money back and all my identification and stuff replaced.

On a good note, we had an awesome healing prayer service at our church tonight - I should have prayed for those thieves.

6 comments:

  1. Mean people is too nice of a term for those jerks! I hope they catch those criminals asap!

    I'm so sorry. You've got a much better attitude than I would have had. Will your insurance be nice and not raise your rates once the window gets fixed?

    Bummer.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks. When I first saw the broken window, I thought it was a bear trying to get to some food. My husband once left our truck's passenger door wide open with my purse sitting on the seat when we went on a trail ride, and amazingly no one touched it. I guess the open door made people think someone was close by. Now I keep a blanket in my truck and bury my purse under the blanket. It would be nice to have all tinted windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - We have liability only on the 97 Ford F250 - so we just have to suck it up.

    Nuz - I had my purse covered up with a jacket, but I guess they knew that trick. Next time, I'll either not take one, or lock it in the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear that! I have never had that happen to me, but I would be so angry!
    We have to be very careful at the trail head when we go trail riding. There have been lots of vehicle break ins, but I don't take my purse with me. I just put my i.d., keys on my person. That way if anyone does break in, they aren't going to get any money from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness! I am so sorry! That is horrible! Some people are such jerks. But you know what, they will get it in the end. I hope you get things all figured out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe it or not - the thieves have been arrested! The bank gave me my money back and Pay Pal is reimbursing another charge. I still don't have a new ATM/check card or my driver's license yet, but they should be here soon. I got the window replace in my truck today to the tune of $163.00. I asked the sheriff's office if I could get reimbursed for that and he said maybe through the courts. Going riding again tomorrow and you can be guaranteed that I won't be leaving anything valuable in sight to tempt anyone.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.