
We've had a week of record breaking cold here in North Florida - I'm not really whining too hard because I know other parts of the country are a lot worse - but enough is enough. We've got at least 4 or 5 more days of 20 degree nights and 40 degree days.....that's not what most of us live in Florida for. :-)
My daughter has decided to participate in the Florida Cracker Trail Ride this year so I'm gonna to help get her pony in shape by riding her on my Fridays off. I took her out for the first time yesterday and met my friend Marilyn for a 4+ hour ride in Jennings State Forest. It might have gotten to 40 degrees but it was misty and rained lightly on us a couple of times. We did have a good time though and I was bundled up enough to keep warm. I only took one picture with my cell phone at a potty break stop.....this is Maybe dressed up in my saddle and gear. I figured if I was going to put hours on her, I wanted to be comfortable and she is close enough to her mom Stylin's shape for the saddle to fit her fine. (oops..didn't realize till now that I didn't get her cute little head in the picture).

I was supposed to ride Stylin today, but I just couldn't get motivated to ride in the cold today - it's still in the 30's.
That is pretty darn cold for Florida!! Brrrr!
ReplyDeleteStay warm!
Wow! Are you having to break ice in the water buckets, too? You're hardcore to still get out and ride, even in the cold rain. Maybe is very cute!
ReplyDeleteStay warm!
~Lisa
KD, oh my! My husband and I have been Florida dreaming because it has been brutal here in the Northeast. Right now 40 degrees sounds great for us it would be a heat wave. I love your artwork. I own a paint myself and love them. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. I took the blankets off of my ponies for the first time in about 2 weeks today. I know they are happy campers now.
ReplyDeleteI am wondering if my fish have survived in the trough. There has been a layer of ice on the top, so I know that water is freezing!