We just went to a local ranch that is about 15 minutes away and rode the trails in and around the ranch. I didn't go into Jennings State Forest very far as the bugs seemed to be bad in there. I picked a switch to keep the bugs off Style's head and ears.
I shadowed a group that was riding rental horses for about 15 minutes then branched off on the trails to enjoy the solitude and a little shade. We stayed out for just over an hour then loaded up and went home. Another successful solo ride - I could really start enjoying this.
I love solo rides, too. I hope I'll be able to do them again one day.
ReplyDeleteI sure don't miss living in South Carolina anymore. The bugs and especially skeeters were awful during the summer.
Here in New Mexico, we barely have any flies..and no mosquitos at all. Peace for the horses...and riders, too.
~Lisa