Bobby and I went to my company party Friday a week ago and had such a fun time! It was held at the Museum of Contemporary Art in downtown Jacksonville. From the valet parking, to the delicious food and drink, it was a first class affair. We had private tours of the museum and got to dance the evening away with a DJ. You can see more pics of the party and museum here.
Bobby's daughter Carolle got to come visit us from California. She's gone through a few changes since she's been out in there in LaLa Land. The first obvious one is that she's gone from a natural blonde to a saucy red head. The second is that she is living an alternate lifestyle from the way she was raised. She is a beautiful girl , full of life and fun and she relishes being the center of attention. We thoroughly enjoyed having her around for a week, but she probably found life on our little "farm" pretty dull. She's in Gainesville now visiting with the rest of the family before flying back to California.

I got to ride in a new State Forest with my friends on Saturday. (the forest isn't new - just new to me) It was an hour drive from my house and the trails were disappointing. Way too much rock on the trails and they were too short. We had fun anyway going off the beaten path and blazing through vines and bushes to explore the area. There's another trailhead with more trails, but it's too tight to manuever my 3 horse trailer. We'll have to go back another time with a smaller trailer.
I'm looking forward to Christmas, but it's gonna be a little weird this year. My sister Shelly won't be bringing all of her kids down with her because they are grown and have their own things to do... so Robbin's son JT is our only youngster enjoying Santa Clause this year. We're going to wait till Saturday to have our Christmas dinner so that Shelly can enjoy it with us. I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas and has an opportunity to stop and count their blessings.
What an exciting Christmas party. It sure did look really nice. And I loke that first picture. And Bobby's daughter is really a beautiful girl. I like her red hair. My husband would like me to have red hair, but I am affriad it might turn pink!! California is a different place. My family is all from there. I used to go every summer. It definatly is always busy there.
ReplyDeleteAnd that trail ride looked like fun too. I envy you, you always go on these fun trail rides. I hope that when my kids get older I will be able to do the same thing.
And Christmas is just not the same for me this year either. I am not going home and my oldest son is with his dad. Sigh....and it's okay to have a table top Christmas tree. We had a three foot tree last year!! :)
I hope you have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the time you do get to have with your family.
Merry Christmas Sistah!
ReplyDeleteI love you!
Robb
Just wanted to pop in and wish you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I've enjoyed reading your blog these last few months, especially reading about your beautiful horse and fun trail rides. I look forward to more of your blog in 2009.
ReplyDelete~Lisa
New Mexico