Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lazy Vacation Days

My vacation started last weekend as my husband and I met our friends to camp and ride along the Suwannee River. We camped at 7BarL Ranch in Live Oak, Florida which is only an hour and 20 minutes away from our house. We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend and I got a lot of riding in. Bobby likes to hang out at the camp, keeping the fire going and maybe getting in a little nap. You can read about the camping weekend and riding at my other blog First Coast Trail Blazers.

I had to go in to work on Monday for 5 hours to finish up some audit work....boy, I was not a happy camper, but it felt good when I left. I have enjoyed my days off so far; I've been sleeping in till at least 7 each morning. Mom's doing great and I took her out on Tuesday to do a little shopping. I can't even remember what I did Wednesday except clean the stalls and drag the horse pen, then visit with my sister. Today I took little Sammy my cat to the vet to have his hoo-haws removed. I sure miss him tonight but I'll get to pick him up in the morning. After dropping Sammy off, I stopped by Panera Bread and had a cup of tea and a bagel while I waited for Steinmart to open. I'm not much of a shopper, but I had to get a pair of pants and a shell to wear under a borrowed jacket for the work "Holiday" Party Friday night. After a quick purchase, I swung by my favorite book store and then went to the post office on my way home. I cleaned out our room size closet (otherwise known as the family junk repository) today while it was raining and then when the rain quit, I went to a feed store to pick up 5 bags of Seminole feed that I won last month. I blended a bag with my current feed and will be happy to use it this month. I matched it up with what I currently feeding and it sure comes in handy since Jenny's horse Maybe is back home with us. Then I updated my APHA Ride American log on line, updated the horses' medical records and did my Christmas cards and here I am. What a productive day and I enjoyed it by myself!



3 comments:

  1. What a great trail ride!! It really is so great that you get to get out and ride. I am glad you are enjoying your vacation.

    Your poor cat! I hear that cats get all emotional when that happens. I hope you little man gets back up and running in no time!!

    And my closet is like yours. It sure feels great when I do clean it out!!

    And great shopping!!

    I am having a toffee giveaway over at my blog!! I would love for you to win some!! It's super easy, the first 40 people win! We only have 6 so far!! It's really good melt in your mouth toffee and would make a great Christmas gift!! I hope you can stop by!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whewwwweee! You've been one busy girlie! I love days that I can be so productive, but also fit in little moments for myself...like your Panera bread mini-escape. What fun!

    Poor kitty, though. Hoohaws! lol. I bet he'll be a changed man after he comes back home. hehe!

    And I'll scurry over to the other site in a minute to read about your horse-camping weekend.
    That's a big dream of mine to go camping with my horse, too.
    For now I'll live vicariously through you, if you don't mind :)

    ~Lisa
    New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. I jealous! Another great trail ride! The last few times I have been home its rained!!

    Congrats on your super productive day, those are always the best.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.