Saturday, October 11, 2008

Friday Beach Fun

Cathy played hooky from work and we loaded up the ponies and went to Mickler's Landing in Palm Valley/Ponte Vedra Beach.
We took our time... no agenda, no pressures, even packing some brewskis for after the ride. The day started out grey and overcast, but the sun came out and it got pretty hot while we were riding. We didn't manage to get the horses in the water, but we did get them comfortable riding right near the edge. Stylin and I did lots of turns towards the water to keep her thinking.
Because of the front, the surf was rougher than usual (the surfers were diggin' it) and it was crashing kind of hard. Our horses performed some lovely side passes a la Merlin the Bullfighting horse. :-) The coquina sand was soft and Stylin and Busta hard to work a little harder than usual. At least we didn't have any crazy kites attacking us this time.
I think after a few more times we'll have them cruisig thru the surf with no problem like the rental horses we saw while we were there.
Here's the rest of the pictures I took........ PHOTO ALBUM

7 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Sometimes I wish I was a horsey-person so I could go have fun with you.

    Look at you getting all Pumpkiny on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new Pumpkin look, it's way cute!!

    And I have always dreamed of riding horseback on the beach! Awh! It looked like so much fun. Those trail rental horses looked so brave! I will have go on a beach ride soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments on my bad day blog... my sheltie dog was waiting for me that evening and he made things all better!

    I'm jealous of your beach ride!! I LOVE riding on the beach. I local therapeutic riding program has a fundraiser each year where you get to ride on a beach that is normally closed to horses. We try our best not to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you won something over at my blog!! Email me your address and I will send it your way!! Congrats!!

    qterhorsefan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog,,,found you via pony girl.
    I went barefoot in June and had very ouchy feets, trimmer suggested Dura-sola and the Booster was sound in about 3 days. It creates a living sole!! amazing stuff. BTW have not had to use it again

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Stylin look amazing out there. What a fun beach ride :)

    And you know I'm lovin' Cathy's horse Busta. Gorgeous horse. Reminds me of my painted mare, Baby Doll.

    ~Lisa
    New Mexico

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.