Boy........that Ringer is going to be the death of me. I'm tired this morning..........
Not only did he gig himself on the chain link fence on my birthday and it looks like a cougar raked the underside of his belly and groin............. last night when I went to feed up, I noticed that he was laying down and he doesn't usually lay down around 7 pm. I go ahead and feed the girls and then check him out. Yep.....he'd been rolling, and sweating and flopping back and forth in the sand. He'd wallowed out a couple of beds. I got him up and he groaned like an old man. He was pitiful....had dirt in his eyes, his mane was all tangled with dirt and hay. I walked him around for a while, called the vet, called Ms. Jane to buy a Banamine shot from her and then had Jenny go get the shot and administer it. Well, all this took about 45 minutes and just before Jenny got there, he let out a stinky, big ole fart and seemed to feel better. Dr. Tammy said that babies are very melodramatic because they've never felt it before and make a big deal about feeling bad. I had Jenny stick him anyway and I kept checking on him till about midnight. Well, long story short - he's fine this morning and I feel sleep deprived..
He's scheduled to be gelded tomorrow morning..............
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.