Some friends, my daughter and I went to a distance riding clinic in September put on by Florida Horsemen's Association. We learned from everybody there and did a 10 mile mock CTR, then did a 17 mile ride the next day. What a lot of fun and everyone was so helpful! Don't think I want to do 50 or 100 miles, but I'm thinking about doing a limited distance of 25 miles. Something new for Stylin and me to do.
Beautiful trail through the woods
Our riding/camping season is here....temperatures are down and everyone is ready to ride! We started our camping season off with a 4 day weekend at River Rise Preserve in High Springs, FL. They have a wonderful set up and nicely marked trails. Next weekend away is scheduled for Dec 5th at 7BarL Ranch in Live Oak, FL.
Maxx
We recently got a new dog.... a cute little Papillon named Maxx. His former owner is elderly and broke her hip and couldn't keep him anymore. He's fit in real well with our other dogs but we're having to introduce him slowly to the cats and horses.
YAY! I am so excited to see you blogging again. Can't wait to do our first 25.
ReplyDeleteBTW, here's there's a link to the FHA pics on my blog.
http://mustangmichelle.blogspot.com/
Oooh! You're back! I was just scanning my blog reader and saw this post. Yay!
ReplyDeleteI love papillons! My first dog as an adult was a pappilon/pomeranian mix. Such smart, loyal affectionate dogs. So much fun, too.
Sounds like you've been busy enjoying the beautiful Fall weather and the trails.
~Lisa
Yay! I'm a lurker but I always enjoy reading your blog. I am glad you are back! :o)
ReplyDelete