Sunday, February 01, 2009

Moving Right Along - New Year Ramblings


The new year is moving right along and I'm hoping not to move in the same old paths as last year. Although I did not make any concrete New Year resolutions there are several things that I started and want to continue. I want to continue growing in my faith walk, work at being kinder to my family and friends, keep from gaining back all the weight I lost, continue improving my partnership with my horse and expand my horizons.

I got off to a good start by going to Europe for a vacation! I went riding this weekend with Cathy and we had a blast and got some good cantering in. I signed up for a new class at church, I'm really trying to keep my mouth shut and listen more and I started going back to Weight Watchers last Thursday.

I've started a new blog just to share Karen's and my vacation journal and will continue posting to it for the next week or so until it's complete. You can check it out if you like - http://kdandkaren.blogspot.com/.

All my chickies are still alive - 3 months old now. I think I have 4 hens and 6 roosters.....anyone want some roosters? We just have to figure out how to catch them and put them in the coop.

The picture above is a random picture of Stylin because I didn't take any this weekend......

3 comments:

  1. Your trip pictures are great!! And your camera took some great pictures. I am like you, and when I go on vacation I take pictures of the horses I see. And your friend's super duper camera got some amazing shots!! What a fun trip!! I will have to go and check out your blog to get the comentary on the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some reachable goals. I hope you're successful in achieving them all, too.

    Stunning photo of Stylin'. Did your pony miss you while you were gone...or give you the cold shoulder like my painted pony?
    hehe

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stylin nor the other horses missed me at all...Bobby took great care of them while I was gone. At least the dogs were happy to see me. The cat took about a day to get in my lap again.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.