Saturday, April 12, 2008

Giddy Up Cowgirl !!


Well, my good buddy Traci went and got herself a tattoo Friday night. Boy... when she made up her mind, nothing was gonna stop her! YEE-HAW !!!




On to another type of giddy-up.... I joined some friends for a Happy Trails Horse Club ride at Diamond D Ranch. We rode from the powerlines down to the little church and back for a 2-1/2 hour ride. The trails were pretty dusty but there were no bugs - the sun was out and there was a nice little breeze on our way back when the temperature had climbed. I used the bosal I made for Stylin from an old roper tie down noseband and she worked really well in it. I've found recently that she prefers to go without a bit...she's behaved perfectly in a rope halter and now this easy going bosal. Who woulda thunk it? :)



5 comments:

  1. That's a pretty cool tat! I like the way they designed it with rope and horse shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made that bosal, and that's my headstall. Cheater... all you did was cover it is pink vet wrap (which by the way will get really nasty and googy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit to using your good idea and your headstall, but this one is not yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat tattoo!

    And the bosal... what a great idea. I have an unused roper noseband that I should "convert" for my mare who doesn't like a bit. How did you attach the reins?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "How did you attach the reins?"

    There's a piece of metal that holds the rope together under the chin. I used a pair of reins with clips and just clipped them both close together in the center. A lot easier than trying to tie a 21 foot mecate rein on there. I've recently just gone back to using the rope halter - just as easy and Stylin responds just as well. You wouldn't have caught me dead riding in just a halter a year ago - but both of our attitudes shifted.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.