What a beautiful time of year ! Our azaleas are blooming and the weather is wonderful. Our niece Melinda came for a week long visit and we enjoyed her company. She got our Dixie harnessed up and worked with her. We even took her down the street for her first "on the road" experience. She was very nervous so I walked along beside her with a lead rope attached as Melinda drove her. It went well for her first time pulling the cart out off of our property. She did better than I did when a big garbage truck went by, sped up, changed gears and HONKED as he passed us!! What a jerk ! We were giving him the signal to slow down as he came up behind us, but I guess he didn't care. We got her back in our yard and then worked her some more in her comfort zone, then ended the lesson on a good note. We took some videos and pics.
Easter day was great! We went to church and then came home to fix lunch for the family. We had Mom, Jenny, Robbin, Tim, JT, me and Bobby. (Melinda had to leave early in the morning to drive back to Nashville.) Everybody pitched in and lunched turned out yummy. After everyone was full and napping, Jenny and I loaded up and went for a ride at Sal Taylor Creek Preserve. We rode for 2-1/2 hours through some shady trails winding up at the creek - very few bugs and a nice breeze the whole time.
I also went on my first motorcyle ride in years and years. Bobby took me for a short tour of the neighborhood on Tim's bike. I was a little nervous, but it was mostly fun.
We are blessed ! He is risen !
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.