Sunday, January 27, 2008

Uplifting, Inspiring and Fun



I was able to enjoy a wonderfully fun packed weekend which included riding my horse with friends, spending quality time with my church peers and also spending time with my family.


Friday morning I joined Marilyn and Cathy for a ride at Guana State Park at South Ponte Vedra. I had never had the opportunity to ride there before but had heard great things about it. I was not disappointed ... beautiful winding trails, marshlands on one side and the Tolomato River on the other. We parked at the main entrance in a lot shared with bikers, hikers and boaters. We had planned on setting off from the north entrance, but it was closed due to hunting. After riding for about 2 hours, we decided to check out the beach on our way home. We only had 30 min to play at the beach with our horses before I had to skedaddle back home.


Robbin picked me up from my house around 4:30 so that we could go to St. Simons Island. We had signed up to participate in our church leadership retreat being held at Epworth by the Sea. We spent Fri nite, Saturday and returned after lunch on Sunday. It was a beautiful river setting with majestic old oaks, manicured grounds and lots of Methodist history. We headed back home rejuvenated and closer to our friends at church.


Then this evening, we took Mom to dinner at a Japanese Steak House for her 75th birthday. Our chef was a lot of fun (of course, he had our group to work with) and we all had a wonderful time!


More pictures of the Friday ride and Mom's birthday dinner are at the Family Photo link to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.