Thanks to my daughter Jenny.... Ringer has his first and second ride under his belt. Jenny saddle him up with her saddle which has a back girth and after he hippity hopped a couple of times getting used to that, he was fine. Jenny warmed him up in the round pen saddled up for about 15 minutes,then I went in the pen with her, clipped a lead rope to Ringer's halter while she mounted and led him around for about five minutes while he got used to her weight on his back. When I took the lead rope off , he took a few minutes to understand what he was supposed to do, but quickly caught on. Jen worked him at a walk and then a trot in both directions, stopped and backed..... I was very proud of Ringer and Jenny ! Here's a few more pictures of the first ride. PICTURES
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.