Friday, February 23, 2007

Fabulous February


February has been a good month. I've been able to ride quite a bit with my friends, spend quality time with my family and get some chores done around the place. I signed up for an evening class at the church and just today started visiting an additional patient at the nursing home.

We just had 18 pine trees removed from the back part of the yard near the horse paddocks. They had been dying because of pine bark beetles and I was afraid that either the horses or one of us would be hurt. It sure looks empty back there now, but it's much safer. Hay is very scarce around here right now, but I was able to pick up 16 bales today to add to what we have to give us a 30 day supply. I guess the lack of rain last fall and the late freeze we just had caused it - the hay I got today was trucked in from Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Glad you stopped by - I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.